We want to plate a non-gold containing alloy as a final finish and in some cases as an underlayer for gold. Do you have any suggestions? M.I.
A classic plating bath that has been used specifically for this purpose is as follows:
- Sodium cyanide 8.6 oz/gal
- Copper cyanide 4.0 oz/gal
- Sodium stannate 4.6 oz/gal
- Sodium hydroxide 1.5 oz/gal
- Rochelle salts 6.0 oz/gal
- Anodes Pure copper
- Temperature 150-160°F
Very small quantities of lead are sometimes added as a brightener. Keep in mind that this is a cyanide-based plating bath and if you are not equipped to handle a cyanide plating bath this formulation is not suitable for you.
blog comments powered by Disqus