9. January 2015
Asterion has launched a new mobile phone app called 'Asterion Tools,' which includes a set of calculations commonly used in metal finishing processes.
Matt Nettleton, Asterion's Director of Sales and Marketing, said the app provides quick calculations of data for electroplating; calculations include surface area, plating times, plating thickness and addition rates based on tank volumes. This also includes conversion calculators and a link to helpful articles, videos and troubleshooting guides on the Asterion website.
The platform includes calculators, conversions, and a reference table.
Calculator functions include:
- Plating Thickness: Calculate the plating thickness based on the electrolyte, time and current density
- Surface Area Calculator: Calculate surface area of common objects using the objects dimensions
- Tank Volume: Calculate the tank volume of a common object using object dimensions
- Addition Rates for Tanks: Calculate the total addition in liters or gallons based on Tank Volume and Percent by Volume add
- Current Capacity for Bussing: Calculate the amperage of an object based on metal, height and width
Conversion tools allow the user to convert from:
- English to Metric
- Metric to English
- English to English
- Mils, Microns, Tenths
- Metal Content of Common Salts allows the user to easily find the formula, molecular weight, or percent metal for common salts
Additionally, the Asterion Tools App includes their latest blog posts, videos, information on Asterion and how to contact Asterion.
To app is available for iPhones, iPads and Android devices through these links: