Derek Korn joined Modern Machine Shop in 2004, but has been writing about manufacturing since 1997. His mechanical engineering degree from the University of Cincinnati’s College of Applied Science provides a solid foundation for understanding and explaining how innovative shops apply advanced machining technologies. As you might gather from this photo, he’s the car guy of the MMS bunch. But his ’55 Chevy isn’t as nice as the hotrod he’s standing next to. In fact, his car needs a right-front fender spear if you know anybody willing to part with one.
- Call for Papers for Parts Cleaning Expo 2017
- Update: FDA Releases Draft Guidance for Additive Manufacturing of Medical Devices
- Plating Shop Owner Richard Taylor Going Strong at 100
- Col-Met Opens New Manufacturing Facility
- New England NASF Chapter Hosts Suppliers Night
- General Magnaplate Closes California Plant After 36 Years
- Lincoln Industries Hosting 'Inspired 2016'
- Update: IDL Precision Talks Purchasing Plating Shop
- Vergason Technology Celebrates 30 Years
- Dynavac Announces Partnership with Winona PVD Coatings