Derek Korn joined Modern Machine Shop in 2004, but has been writing about manufacturing since 1997. His mechanical engineering degree from the University of Cincinnati’s College of Applied Science provides a solid foundation for understanding and explaining how innovative shops apply advanced machining technologies. As you might gather from this photo, he’s the car guy of the MMS bunch. But his ’55 Chevy isn’t as nice as the hotrod he’s standing next to. In fact, his car needs a right-front fender spear if you know anybody willing to part with one.
- May Go-To Gal: Kally Powell, Production Coordinator, All-Color Powder Coating Inc.
- CCAI, PCI Hold Joint 2016 Annual Meeting in Colorado
- Axalta Starts Expanded Resin Production Facility in Mexico
- NASF Palmetto Hosting Billy Smith Golf Tournament
- Roy Metal Finishing Adding Second Facility
- Axalta Becomes Sponsor of Dale Earnhardt Jr.’s Digital Platform
- Progressive Coating's Stephen Walters Elected CCAI-NI President
- CCAI Chicago Chapter Tours Gatto Industrial Platers
- Video Highlights Broad Range of PPG Automotive Coatings
- Winona PVD Coatings wins 2016 Quality Plant of the Year