CCAI Honors Chapters User of the Year; Elects New Board
Sam Woehler from George Koch Sons will be new CCAI President; Kevin Coursin of KMI Systems is VP; and Ron Lum from Coral Chemical is Secretary/Treasurer
Larry Melgary, left, congratulates Bob Shipley of Briggs & Stratton on receiving the Wisconsin Chapter User of the Year Award.
The Chemical Coaters Association International honored its Chapter User and Supplier of the Year members at its annual meeting recently in Florida. Chapters recognize a User and Supplier member for their year-long service and dedication to their respective Chapter.
“It’s a great honor and the CCAI is an excellent organization that is dedicated to our educational efforts to helping people in the finishing industry,” said Bob Shipley after receiving the Wisconsin Chapter Supplier of the Year award. “Every member is like family and they are always willing to help out.”
Shivie Dhillion, President of Sundial Powder Coating was also present to receive the Southern California Chapter User of the Year award.
"As someone who powder coats for a living, it is critically important that I am up to speed on all technologies, regulations and trends,” says Dhillion. “Being recognized as a 'User of the Year' further builds my confidence that I can offer my customers the best there is to offer."
The 2012-2013 Chapter Award winners are:
- Central States Chapter: Weston Conner, IHD Powerdcoat Services, Inc. and Ron Cudzilo, George Koch Sons, LLC
- Northern Illinois Chapter: Joe Laubenthal, Acme Finishing Co., Inc. and David George, Henkel Corp.
- Twin Cities Chapter: Tim Milner, J.I.T. Powder Coating Co. and Paul Pagel, Univ. of Minnesota – MnTAP
- West Michigan Chapter: Techno-Coat (company award),and Dave Scharphorn, ChemQuest
- Wisconsin Chapter: Bob Shipley, Briggs and Stratton Corp. and John Murray, Prime Coatings Co.
- Southern California Chapter: Shivie Dhillon, Sundial Powder Coating and Rosie Orellena, DuPont Industrial Coating Solutions.
CCAI also installed the following individuals to serve on the National Board of Directors for the 2012-2013 term during the 2012 Annual Meeting:
- President: Sam Woehler, George Koch Sons LLC - Unaffiliated
- Vice President: Kevin Coursin, KMI Systems – Northern Illinois Chapter
- Secretary/Treasurer: Ron Lum, Coral Chemical – Southern California Chapter
- Recent Past President: Sherrill Stoenner, Stoenner Finishing Consultants – Central States Chapter
In addition to the officers, serving on the National Board of Directors for the 2012-2013 programming year will be: Jim Andrews, Pneu-Mech Systems Mfg., LLC – Atlantic Coast Chapter; Trena Benson, DuPont Coating Solutions - Texas Chapter; Bruce Bryan, Mighty Hook – Northern Illinois Chapter; Jim Docken, Galaxy Associates – Twin Cities Chapter; Duane Fudge, Chemetall - Mid-Atlantic Chapter; Jim Gallagher, Harley Davidson - Wisconsin Chapter; Loren Keene, Wagner Systems, Inc. – Central States Chapter; Todd Luciano, Products Finishing – Greater Cincinnati Chapter; Ron Lum, Coral Chemical – Southern California Chapter; Jim Malloy, Kolene Corp. - Unaffiliated; Bill Oney, American Finishing Resources - Wisconsin Chapter; Ken Pelak, Broadmoor Products - West Michigan Chapter; John Sudges, Midwest Finishing Systems – Northern Illinois Chapter; Serving as Ex-officio Board members are Bob Warren, retired – West Michigan Chapter; Larry Melgary, Northern Coatings & Chemicals -Wisconsin Chapter; and Vicki Gelling, North Dakota State University – Unaffliated.
“It’s hard to believe but each year it seems like our Annual Meeting gets better and better,” commented CCAI Executive Director Anne Goyer. “We had 97 people registered for the event with more first time attendees than ever before. Our evaluations ranked our presentations very high and we are already at work on the programming for our 2013 Annual Meeting. We love to find ways to make the next meeting better than the last. Our fantastic group of attendees this year definitely made this one of our all-time best Annual Meetings.”
CCAI members can access the presentations from this year’s Annual Meeting on the MEMBERS ONLY area of the CCAI website at www.ccaiweb.com.
CCAI’s 2013 Annual Meeting is scheduled for June 19 - 21 at The Resort at the Mountain in Mt. Hood, OR.
CCAI is a non-profit technical and professional association that provides information and education on surface coating technologies worldwide. Visit CCAI on the web at www.ccaiweb.com.