NASF SUR/FIN Begins Abstract Review for June Conference
15. November 2013
The National Association for Surface Finishing’s Technology Advisory Committee (TAC) has announced that the 2014 SUR/FIN Call for Abstracts is now open. All submissions are due by January 15, 2014.
A dynamic program will cover the most relevant issues facing industrial finishers. Experienced speakers are invited to present on a variety of areas outlined in 12 sessions representing topics such as:
- Aerospace & Defense: inorganic and organic coatings, including Cd & Cr alternatives
- Automotive Coatings: functional and decorative
- Advances in surface finishing technology: advanced plating and finishing, databases
- Light Materials Finishing: anodizing, sealing, cleaning, dimensional restoration
- Corrosion, including coatings, treatments, modelling, etc.
- Zinc Nickel, including Cd replacement, performance, specification
- Regulatory: REACH, air emissions, EPA & OSHA housekeeping requirements, meeting GHS & SDS requirements
- Coatings for electronics
- Best Practices: process efficiency, modelling and computational methods, reshoring
The SUR/FIN Manufacturing & Technology Tradeshow & Conference is produced by the National Association for Surface Finishing and is widely known as the premier event for the surface finishing industry. The 2014 program will take place from June 9 - 11 at the new Cleveland Convention Center in Cleveland, Ohio.
Speaking at SUR/FIN has proven to be an excellent opportunity for leaders in the industry to showcase their knowledge in the finishing industry, align themselves with other industry leaders, and network with a powerful line-up of influential corporate officials throughout the industry.
The abstract submission will deadline January 15, 2014. Due to the volume of submissions, the NASF Technology Advisory Committee will begin reviewing all abstracts immediately and may be unable to accept late submissions; yet priority will be given to early submissions. Accepted speakers will receive complimentary full conference admission to the 2014 as well as full promotion of their presentation.
For complete details of all sessions and topics, visit NASFsurfin.com.
About the SUR/FIN Manufacturing & Technology Tradeshow & Conference
Now in its 96th year, SUR/FIN is produced by the National Association for Surface Finishing (NASF) and is the global surface finishing industry’s premier event featuring professionals from around the world. The three day event welcomes an exchange of ideas and experiences while offering a robust, highly respected speaker conference program that will deliver solutions to surface finishing and manufacturing challenges.