Missouri S&T will offer a series of short courses throughout spring 2014 at its Rolla, Mo., campus:
- Basic Composition of Coatings will be offered March 24-28 and is intended for new personnel in the coatings profession. It targets the components of coatings (resin, pigments, extenders, solvents and additives), testing and specifications, general formulation and manufacturing methods.
- Introduction to Paint Formulation will be offered May 19-23 and is intended to provide a fundamental knowledge of how to approach a starting formulation and troubleshoot it.
- Introduction to Coatings Composition and Specifications will be offered July 21-23 and is designed for new coatings employees in areas such as sales, marketing and production. The two-and-a-half day course which will discuss types of coatings, the basic composition of coatings, and the tests and specifications used by the industry. It is intended to teach the fundamentals needed to work in this industry and to communicate more clearly.
Missouri S&T will also offer two short online courses:
- Introduction to Coating Systems is targeted at automotive and aviation OEMs. The self-paced seminar will cover the painting process from the composition of paints to the evaluation of the dry film.
- Surface Defects: Elimination from Human and Process Contaminants will address the defects caused by the coatings process as well as human issues, and their prevention and minimization.
For more information, visit coatings.mst.edu.
Editor PickChemcoaters Names Mike Tieri VP of Sales and Marketing
Effective immediately, Chemcoaters appoints appoints Mike Tieri as vice president of sales and marketing.