Coaters in New York state may soion have more stringent rules to abide by after the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation proposed amendments to rules pertaining to coating processes, paint and coatings products, and facility permits.
The changes proposed by DEC are part of to Subpart 228-1, Parts 200 and 201, and are in regard to federal control techniques guidelines establishing Reasonably Available Control Technology (RACT) for VOCs emitted by surface coating processes.
- Applicability criteria for various coating processes;
- New definitions, including several added coating types used in updated coating processes;
- A new section that describes the minimum requirements of surface coating facilities and acceptable application techniques common to surface coating processes;
- The maximum VOC content allowed for coatings used in surface coating processes, including additional requirements and exceptions specific to a coating process, coating type, or application requirements;
- Alternative means of complying with VOC content limits; and
- The requirements necessary to determine and maintain compliance with the regulation.
Editor PickSurface Finishing Mexico Holds Second Show
Mexican Association for Surface Finishing expects 2,000 visitors.