Process Technology – Sur/Fin 2014, Booth 401
The Tytan water heater from Process Technology is designed for industrial inline water heating that requires precise temperature control and optimum cleanliness.
Process Technology will showcase its SmartOne line of positive temperature coefficient (PTC) electric immersion heaters.
Process Technology has redesigned its website and changed its address to processtechnology.com.
The SUR/FIN shows in Chicago and Las Vegas the past two years have received good reviews from attendees and exhibitors. The man who led the NASF committee organizing SUR/FIN was Steve Smith, the vice president of sales and marketing for Process Technology, which designs and manufactures process heating and cooling equipment for the plating industry.
Process Technology says the SmartOne positive temperature coefficient (PTC) electric immersion heaters it will exhibit at SUR/FIN 2012 do not require thermal over-temperature protectors for safe operation and cannot burn out in air like traditional resistance heaters.
The Tytantm water heater from Process Technology is designed for industrial inline water heating requiring precise temperature control and optimum cleanliness.
Process Technology’s new heaters are designed to be safer, more efficient
Process Technology, a wet process heating and cooling manufacturer, is introducing its SmartOne line of PTC (positive temperature coefficient) electric immersion heaters at Sur/Fin 2011.
Mentor-based firm Process Technology is presenting its quartz infrared heating elements for use in new markets including painting, powder coating, corrosion control, organic finishing, metalworking and automotive metal finishing.
Process Technology’s Tytan water heater is designed for industrial inline water heating requiring precise temperature control and optimum cleanliness.
Process Technology will be highlighting its electric immersion heaters designed for the demands of corrosive chemical heating.
The TYTANTM water heater is designed for industrial inline water heating requiring precise temperature control and optimum cleanliness.
Solution heating and cooling are essential parts of many finishing processes.
This company is a manufacturer of quartz, steel, stainless steel, titanium and fluoropolymer electric immersion heaters; temperature controls; liquid level controls; heat exchangers; instantaneous water heaters; solenoid valves and accessories.
The company manufactures electric immersion heaters, heat exchangers and temperature controls.
Heaters covered with PTFE fluoropolymer offer excellent chemical resistance and versatility.
The TherMax2 Heat Exchanger is an in-line stainless steel exchanger for deionized water and process solutions.
401 The TYTANTM water heater is designed for industrial inline water heating.
Nucor Corporation's Fastener Division needed clean steel in order to make first quality bolts, nuts and screws. It found what it was looking for in this zinc phosphating system...
Please visit: Process Technology
7010 Lindsay Dr.
Mentor, OH 44060 US
Introducing the SmartOne™ PTC Electric Immersion Heaters
Introducing the SmartOne™ PTC Electric Immersion Heaters
Process Technology is pleased to announce the introduction of our SmartOne™ line of PTC (positive temperature coefficient) electric immersion heaters. With this technology, thermal over-temperature protectors are no longer required to ensure safe operation. PTC heaters are more dependablewith extended service life and will not burn out in air like traditional resistance heaters.
A PTC heater utilizes solid state ceramic heating elements as its heat source. These devices are “self-limiting” - the maximum temperature is internally limited regardless of the operating conditions. Therefore, these heaters have a built-in safety not previously available in electric immersion heaters. Traditional resistance heaters have the potential for a runaway heat condition if operated out of solution, but a PTC heater can self limit its maximum temperature regardless if operated in water, air, or surrounded by buildup.
If the temperature goes down, so does the resistance (thereby increasing power output). If the heat transfer is restricted, as would happen when i.e. operating in air, the temperature will increase (as will the resistance) resulting in reduced power output. (PTCs are used in car seat warmers or hair dryers for example – the product reaches a predetermined maximum temperature and then turns itself down.)
Common threats to heater life are buildup and scale which cause overheat situations. These conditions will not cause the SmartOne™ to overheat. The maximum output temperature is below the ignition point of most plastic tanks, so overheat damage is prevented if the element is operated in air or becomes covered with buildup.
PTC Element Technology
• SmartOne™ heaters utilize Positive Temperature Coefficient (PTC) semiconductors as the heating element. Unlike traditional heating elements they are self-limiting. Their resistance to electrical current increases as they get hotter.
• PTC elements have many everyday uses including hair dryers, car seat heaters, and curling irons.
• The SmartOne™ heater can only reach a set maximum element temperature which is below the ignition point of most combustible materials such as plastic tanks.
• No thermal over-temperature sensing device is needed. Safety is built in, not added on.
• No extra wires to connect or safety systems to calibrate.
• Impossible to bypass the thermal protection that is added onto traditional immersion heaters.
• Thermostat is still required to regulate process temperature.
• Liquid level device recommended.
• SmartOne™ heaters last significantly longer than traditional immersion heaters because they are not affected by low solution level conditions,
scaling solutions, or sludge buildup.
• They limit their output, rather than overheating and burning out as traditional heaters do.
• As with any heater, periodic cleaning is still recommended because scale and sludge can increase the rate of chemical corrosion on the heater sheath.
• SmartOne™ heaters operate in three voltage ranges: 100-120 volts, 200-240 volts, and 380-480 volts.
• Since they internally regulate their output to match the environment, the need for de-rated heaters for viscous solutions is eliminated.
• SmartOne™ heaters are available in 304 stainless, 316 stainless, and titanium to handle a wide range of chemical compatibility requirements.
Easy Installation and Maintenance
• No external thermal protection device needed.
• No thermal protection device replacement.
• No additional wiring for thermal protection devices.
• No additional thermal protection components in the temperature control.
• No equipment downtime due to thermal protection maintenance.
Dependable, safe and long-lasting – State of the Art Smart.
Process Technology is dedicated to the pursuit of world-class excellence and leading-edge technology. Quality is the foundation of all our business processes from engineering design to the manufacture and delivery of our products which set the industry benchmark for safety, performance, and durability. Our innovation and growth would not be possible without our dedicated, experienced staff and knowledgeable distribution network. We are committed to exceeding customer expectations, protecting our environment, and empowering our team members while promoting their growth, health, and safety.