Rubber Powder


Facebook Share Icon LinkedIn Share Icon Twitter Share Icon Share by EMail icon Print Icon

Q. I am looking for a powder that can be applied by electrostatic spraying that will have a rubber-like finish. J.L.

A. The rubber-like surface you describe would be best achieved with a vinyl or PVC coating. Vinyl powder is a thermoplastic product that is usually applied by fluid bed dip, but you should be able to spray it if you set up the gun right. You may need to have a positive charge for that kind of powder. PVC is a liquid that is applied by dip. It also is possible that you could work with a formulator to develop a soft thermoset product.


  • Understanding Infrared Curing

    Infrared cure is gaining increased attention from coaters as a result of shorter cure cycles and the possibility of smaller floor space requirements when compared to convection oven curing. 

  • Masking for Surface Finishing

    Masking is employed in most any metal finishing operation where only a specifically defined area of the surface of a part must be exposed to a process. Conversely, masking may be employed on a surface where treatment is either not required or must be avoided. This article covers the many aspects of masking for metal finishing, including applications, methods and the various types of masking employed.

  • Understanding Fluidized Bed Powder Coating

    For more than 50 years, fluidized beds have been used to coat parts with powder coatings. In this article, two industry experts tackle some common questions about the fluidized bed process…