CCAI Honors Chapter, Installs Officers and Board
The CCAI board of directors
The Chemical Coaters Association International honored members for their service and dedication to their chapters and installed its 2016-17 Officers and National Board members during their 2016 annual meeting.
The CCAI Chapter User and Supplier of the Year awards and the James F. and David J. Wright Lifetime Achievement Award were presented during the Annual Awards Ceremony, also held during the Annual Meeting.
CCAI’s highest honor went to John Sudges of Midwest Finishing Systems
The 2015-16 Chapter Award winners are:
- Central States Chapter – Frank Laster, A-1 Paint Powder and Sandblast and Todd Lanquist, Chemetall;
- Las Vegas Chapter – Tony Sclafani, AR Iron LLC and Sercy Spears, Coral Chemical Co.;
- Northern Illinois Chapter – Jack and Dennis Walters, Acme Finishing Co. Inc. and Bruce Bryan, CCAI.;
- Southern California Chapter - Shivie Dhillon, Sundial Powder Coating and Hugo Cambron, PPG Industries;
- Twin Cities Chapter – Ted Schreyer, Associated Finishing and Doug Van Duyne, DuBois Chemicals;
- West Michigan Chapter - Rich Saddler, Abcor Industries and Tom Farrington, Henkel Corp.;
- Wisconsin Chapter – Lee Van Buskirk, Metalcraft of Maysville, Inc. and Mark LaValley, Northern Coatings & Chemical.
CCAI also announced their National Board of Directors Officers and Board Members for 2016-2017. CCAI is very fortunate to have the leadership of the following individuals:
- President: Ron Lum, Coral Chemical Co. – Southern California Chapter
- Vice President: Bill Oney, American Finishing Resources – Wisconsin Chapter
- Treasurer: Duane Fudge, Chemetall - Unaffiliated
- Recent Past President: Kevin Coursin, Engineered Finishing Systems – Northern Illinois Chapter
In addition to the officers, serving on the National Board of Directors for the 2016-17 year will be:
- Shivie Dhillon, SunDial Powder Coatings – Southern California Chapter;
- Jim Gallagher, Harley Davidson - Wisconsin Chapter;
- Kevin Irving, AZZ Galvanizing – Iowa/Central Illinois Chapter;
- Loren Keene, Pneu-Mech Systems Mfg. – Central States Chapter;
- Dan Labrecque, Tiger Drylac USA, Inc. – West Michigan Chapter;
- Todd Luciano, Products Finishing – Greater Cincinnati Chapter;
- Jim Malloy, Kolene Corp. - Unaffiliated;
- Katie McGovern, Hubbard-Hall Inc. – Unaffiliated;
- Ron McMahon, Sherwin-Williams, Co. – Northern Ohio Chapter;
- Tony Sclafani, AR Iron, LLC – Las Vegas Chapter;
- Mark Walsworth, Nordic Ware Inc. – Twin Cities Chapter;
- Sam Woehler, George Koch Sons, LLC – Unaffiliated;
- Tim Milner, JIT Powder Coating – Twin Cities Chapter;
Serving as Ex-officio Board members are; Larry Melgary, Northern Coatings & Chemicals – Wisconsin Chapter; and Bob Warren, retired – West Michigan Chapter.
CCAI is a non-profit technical and professional association that provides information and education on surface coating technologies worldwide. Visit CCAI on the web at www.ccaiweb.com.
Emerging technologies can save energy, ease environmental concerns
Infrared cure is gaining increased attention from coaters as a result of shorter cure cycles and the possibility of smaller floor space requirements when compared to convection oven curing.
This alternative to TGIC-based polyester powder coatings offers similar performance and enhanced transfer efficiencies.