Global Automotive Lightweight Materials Detroit Summit 2017
The 6th annual Global Automotive Lightweight Materials Detroit Summit 2017 is August 22-24 in Michigan.
The show includes OEM case studies, materials focused presentations, interactive panel discussions and cutting edge manufacturing technologies. This year, leading OEMs such as Ford, Tata Motors, Hyundai, Volvo, GM, FCA and more will be providing design solutions, material strategies and lightweighting insights.
From the event organizers:
6th Global Automotive Lightweight Materials Detroit Summit
August 22-23-24 at COBO Centre, Detroit USA
Three Focused Days Giving You The Following Themes and Key Presentations:
- DAY ONE: Regulations, Sustainability Trends & Material Developments
- DAY TWO: Advanced Manufacturing Technologies & Multi-Material Joining
- DAY THREE: Carbon Fiber, Plastics, Advanced Composites And New Materials
Key Speakers Include:
- Dr. Sue Hartfield-Wünsch, Technical Fellow, Body Manufacturing Engineering, General Motors
- Steven Sherman, Fuel Economy Development Engineer, Hyundai – Kia
- David Irvin, Group Chief Engineer - Body, Trim & Lighting Engineering, Tata Motors
- John Uicker, Engineer, Ford
- Saeil Jeon, Technical Lead in Materials, Volvo Group Trucks Technology
- Venkat Aitharaju, Senior Researcher, General Motors
- David Wagner, Technical Leader Lightweight Vehicle Design, Ford
- Xiaoming Chen, Vehicle Design & Infotronics Department, Research and Advanced Engineering, Ford Motor Company
- Dr. Khaled W. Shahwan, Fellow AIAA, Innovation & Advanced Development Engineering, Chrysler Technology Center, FCA US
- Stephen Currie, Lead Engineer, Body & Closures, Tata Motors European Tech. Centre
- Dr Venkat Aitharaju, Senior Researcher, Polymer Composites, General Motors Global Research and Development
- Malcolm David Joynson, Chief Engineer Body Structures, Platform and Closures, Tata Motors European Technical Centre
Snapshot of the OEM Presentations:
KEYNOTE PRESENTATION: CAFE STANDARDS AND GHG STATUS REPORT
Understand How the Automotive Regulations Drive Lightweighting and Sustainability Strategies, Future Changes to the Standards and What Impact They Can Make on the Industry
Steven Sherman, Fuel Economy Development Engineer, Hyundai - Kia Technical Center
CASE STUDY: MAGNESIUM FRONT SUBFRAME
Design and Testing of a Cast Magnesium Front Subframe
John Uicker, Engineer, Ford
CASE STUDY: COMPOSITE PROCESSING
Explore Cost-Effective Lightweight Material Development with Lower Density Reinforcement
Saeil Jeon, Technical Lead in Materials, Volvo Group Trucks Technology
DAMAGE SIMULATION WITH COMPOSITES
Review the Latest Developments in Damage Simulation with Composites to Examine Ways OEMs Can Improve Computational Prediction
Venkat Aitharaju, Senior Researcher, General Motors
CASE STUDY: DESIGNING WITH COMPOSITES
Design of a Carbon Fiber Composite Front Subframe
Xiaoming Chen, Technical Expert, Ford
INNOVATIVE OEM LIGHTWEIGHTING STRATEGIES
Presenting an Integrated Approach to Indian Domestic Passenger Vehicle Lightweighting
David Irvin, Group Chief Engineer - Body, Trim & Lighting Engineering, Tata Motors European Technical Centre
Register now to secure your place at the largest automotive lightweighting conference in North America to get first hand insight into the latest changes in regulations, material trends and high volume technologies to perfect your lightweighting strategy.
An alternative product for passivation...
Why is it important for you to know this?
Our expert, Art Kushner, says yes, you can color stainless steel, but it is not a process that is typically performed in a plating shop. Read more about his answer.