NASF Palmetto Technical Conference is Oct. 9-11
The NASF Palmetto Southeast Chapter will hold its 11th annual Fall Technical Conference in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, October 9-11.
Chapter President Paul Skelton says the event brings together a community of metal finishing professionals to promote and advance the industry’s past, present and future.
Technical Conference Program
Thursday, Oct. 10
7:30 a.m. — Registration in Acadia Room
- 8:00 a.m. — Opening Comments: Paul Skelton, president of NASF Palmetto Southeast Chapter
- 8:15 a.m. — Capital Equipment: The Ideal Buying Process and New Technology; Ben Stratton, Corrotec
- 9:00 a.m. — Metal Finishing Environmental Law: Carolina Update; Ethan Ware, Williams Mullen
- 9:45 a.m. — Break
- 10:00 a.m. — Best Practices of the Top Shops; Tim Pennington, Products Finishing
- 10:45 a.m. — Safe Chrome: Environmentally Friendly Chrome Plating Technology; Kyle Hankinson, KCH Engineered Services
- 11:30 a.m. — Attendees dismiss
Friday, Oct. 11
- 8:30 a.m. — Registration in Acadia Room
- 9:00 a.m. — Opening Comments: Paul Skelton, president of NASF Palmetto Southeast Chapter
- 9:15 a.m. — High-Power Management and Maintenance; Remington Schieffer, Dynapower
- 10:00 a.m. — Measuring Success In Your Shop; Bill Brecher, Fischer Technologies
- 10:45 a.m. — Anodizing and Electronic Vehicles; Sascha Wegne, MacDermid-Enthone
- 11:30 a.m. — Luncheon, Sponsored by Palmetto Southeast Chapter
- 12:00 p.m. — Understanding Dynamics in Barrel Plating to Achieve Superior Coatings; Rick Rappius, Pavco
- 12:45 p.m. — Innovations in ZnNi Plating and Passivation; Dave Simpson, Atotech
- 1:30 p.m. — Closing Comments: Paul Skelton, Palmetto Southeast Chapter
Social, Extracurricular Events and Group Outings
Wednesday October 9
- 8:00 a.m. — biganodes 5th Annual Go Big Or Go Home Fishing Trip
- 3:00 p.m. — Registration, hotel lobby check-in and reception area
- 5:00 p.m. — Lobby for preshuttle or Uber caravan social
- 5:30 p.m. — Shuttle departs for social and dinner
- 6:00 p.m. — Happy Hour at Broadway at the Beach
- 7:00 p.m. — Dinner at Broadway at the Beach
- 10:00 p.m. — Shuttle Departs for Hotel
Thursday October 10
- 12:00 p.m. — Shuttle to TPC Myrtle Beach
- 12:50 p.m. — Palmetto Southeast Chapter Golf at TPC Myrtle Beach
- 5:30 p.m. — Hospitality Hour and Social, North Lobby, Hosted by Palmetto Southeast Chapter
- 7:30 p.m. — Dinner, North Lobby, Sponsored by Palmetto Southeast Chapter
The reasons for installing an in-house cold blackening system are many and varied.
An overview of precious metal electroplating processes.
A review of available test methods, common applications and innovative instrumentation...