NASF Palmetto Technical Conference is Oct. 9-11
The NASF Palmetto Southeast Chapter will hold its 11th annual Fall Technical Conference in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, October 9-11.
Chapter President Paul Skelton says the event brings together a community of metal finishing professionals to promote and advance the industry’s past, present and future.
Technical Conference Program
Thursday, Oct. 10
7:30 a.m. — Registration in Acadia Room
- 8:00 a.m. — Opening Comments: Paul Skelton, president of NASF Palmetto Southeast Chapter
- 8:15 a.m. — Capital Equipment: The Ideal Buying Process and New Technology; Ben Stratton, Corrotec
- 9:00 a.m. — Metal Finishing Environmental Law: Carolina Update; Ethan Ware, Williams Mullen
- 9:45 a.m. — Break
- 10:00 a.m. — Best Practices of the Top Shops; Tim Pennington, Products Finishing
- 10:45 a.m. — Safe Chrome: Environmentally Friendly Chrome Plating Technology; Kyle Hankinson, KCH Engineered Services
- 11:30 a.m. — Attendees dismiss
Friday, Oct. 11
- 8:30 a.m. — Registration in Acadia Room
- 9:00 a.m. — Opening Comments: Paul Skelton, president of NASF Palmetto Southeast Chapter
- 9:15 a.m. — High-Power Management and Maintenance; Remington Schieffer, Dynapower
- 10:00 a.m. — Measuring Success In Your Shop; Bill Brecher, Fischer Technologies
- 10:45 a.m. — Anodizing and Electronic Vehicles; Sascha Wegne, MacDermid-Enthone
- 11:30 a.m. — Luncheon, Sponsored by Palmetto Southeast Chapter
- 12:00 p.m. — Understanding Dynamics in Barrel Plating to Achieve Superior Coatings; Rick Rappius, Pavco
- 12:45 p.m. — Innovations in ZnNi Plating and Passivation; Dave Simpson, Atotech
- 1:30 p.m. — Closing Comments: Paul Skelton, Palmetto Southeast Chapter
Social, Extracurricular Events and Group Outings
Wednesday October 9
- 8:00 a.m. — biganodes 5th Annual Go Big Or Go Home Fishing Trip
- 3:00 p.m. — Registration, hotel lobby check-in and reception area
- 5:00 p.m. — Lobby for preshuttle or Uber caravan social
- 5:30 p.m. — Shuttle departs for social and dinner
- 6:00 p.m. — Happy Hour at Broadway at the Beach
- 7:00 p.m. — Dinner at Broadway at the Beach
- 10:00 p.m. — Shuttle Departs for Hotel
Thursday October 10
- 12:00 p.m. — Shuttle to TPC Myrtle Beach
- 12:50 p.m. — Palmetto Southeast Chapter Golf at TPC Myrtle Beach
- 5:30 p.m. — Hospitality Hour and Social, North Lobby, Hosted by Palmetto Southeast Chapter
- 7:30 p.m. — Dinner, North Lobby, Sponsored by Palmetto Southeast Chapter
Applications, plating solutions, brighteners, good operating practices and troubleshooting.
Types of anodizing, processes, equipment selection and tank construction.
Our expert, Art Kushner, says yes, you can color stainless steel, but it is not a process that is typically performed in a plating shop. Read more about his answer.