Powder Coating 2019 Technical Conference Seeks Presentations
The Powder Coating Institute will host its 2019 technical conference April 1- 4, 2019, at the Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld, and is currently seeking presentations. Along with the sessions that are critical to powder coating operations, PCI is looking for new and innovative topics that offer practical information to improve powder coating operations, discuss hot industry trends and provide ideas to enhance business practices.
The organization suggests the following topics:
- Recent Advancements for Powder Coatings
- Making a Powder Coating Operation Even Greener (Environmental)
- Powder Coatings vs. Waterborne Coatings
- Exploring Color and Gloss
- Case Studies for Unique Applications
- Powder Application Techniques
- Automation/Industry 4.0
- Powder Coating Specifications
- Safety in Powder Operations
Additional topics are listed on at conference.powdercoating.org/presentations. The online submission system is now open to accept presentations from those interested in being considered to speak at the technical conference. The call for presentations closes August 15.
For more than 50 years, fluidized beds have been used to coat parts with powder coatings. In this article, two industry experts tackle some common questions about the fluidized bed process…
Emerging technologies can save energy, ease environmental concerns
Metal fabricators that laser-cut with oxygen take steps to prepare parts better for powder coating.