Products Finishing News Update Newsletter, March 27
This is the top news from the finishing world for the week of March 27:
- The Top Shops Benchmarking Survey for liquid and powder coating Opens May 1
- Diamond Vogel’s is now selling its Peridium Powder Coatings on its new online store
- The inaugural Women in Finishing Forum is featuring professional development sessions
- The 40-Under-40 Award Nominations are now open
- In our On The Move segment, Wolkerstorfer Company is continuing its family legacy with the promotion of Steffen Wolkerstorfer and Chris Wolkerstorfer
- Our Tech Tip of the week is from John Owed at Col-Met on determining the type of spray booth your shop needs
- The Innovation of the Week is Technic's Spouted Bed Electroplater
You can read all these stories at PFonline.com. You can also sign up for our weekly newsletter that will bring all of the latest finishing news and information to your inbox each week.
Anodizing for pre-prep bonding bridges the gap between the metallic and composite worlds, as it provides a superior surface in many applications on aluminum components for bonding to these composites.
Benefits of anodizing include durability, color stability, ease of maintenance, aesthetics, cost of initial finish and the fact that it is a safe and healthy process. Maximizing these benefits to produce a high–performance aluminum finish can be accomplished by incorporating test procedures in the manufacturing process.
Many industries that require innovative solutions in cost reduction and weight savings are turning to aluminum as a substitute for stainless steel and other carbon steel alloys for parts and components.