VIDEO: Finishing News for Week of August 21
Read about a new PVD plant in Tennessee, the Texas Association of Metal Finishers, the CCAI Carolinas Chapter and more.
Here is your top news from the finishing world for the week of August 21.
- Voestalpine Eifeler Coatings opened their newest PVD coatings facility in Tennessee
- The Texas Association of Metal Finishers will hold their annual meeting in September
- The CCAI Carolinas Chapter is hosting an advanced powder coating troubleshooting event
- The Northern California plating group is offering college scholarships
- In our On The Move segment, Pete Baker joins Process Technology as Regional Sales Manager
- Our Tech Talk segment is choosing the right vapor degreasing method
- The Innovation of the week is Ecoclean’s EcoCvelox is designed to deburr and clean parts
You can read all these stories at PFonline.com. You can also sign up for our weekly newsletter that will bring all of the latest finishing news and information to your inbox each week.
Determining the cleanliness and chemical de-coating of PVD/CVD layers.
A comprehensive review of chromium plating alternatives and a new look at a long-forgotten but potentially important process - iron plating
Progress in Replacing Decorative Electroplating Chrome Coatings on Plastics with Physical Vapor Deposition Coatings
Decorative electroplated chrome coatings on plastics have been produced for decades. For environmental reasons, there has been a shift away from hexavalent chrome (Cr6) to trivalent chrome (Cr3) with increased investments towards elemental chrome PVD coatings to maintain the true chrome appearance.