VIDEO: Finishing News for Week of August 21
Read about a new PVD plant in Tennessee, the Texas Association of Metal Finishers, the CCAI Carolinas Chapter and more.
Here is your top news from the finishing world for the week of August 21.
- Voestalpine Eifeler Coatings opened their newest PVD coatings facility in Tennessee
- The Texas Association of Metal Finishers will hold their annual meeting in September
- The CCAI Carolinas Chapter is hosting an advanced powder coating troubleshooting event
- The Northern California plating group is offering college scholarships
- In our On The Move segment, Pete Baker joins Process Technology as Regional Sales Manager
- Our Tech Talk segment is choosing the right vapor degreasing method
- The Innovation of the week is Ecoclean’s EcoCvelox is designed to deburr and clean parts
You can read all these stories at PFonline.com. You can also sign up for our weekly newsletter that will bring all of the latest finishing news and information to your inbox each week.
This overview takes a look at vacuum deposition technologies as processes that may be used to create coatings that can be substituted for or enhances the properties of electroplated coatings. Initially, this work discusses trends in metal finishing and environmental regulation.
For more than forty years, academic and industrial researchers from all over the world have taken a strong interest in alternative processes for hard chromium plating using hexavalent ions. The benefits of substitute processes are obvious, as the toxic and carcinogenic aspects of hexavalent chromium are well known.
Applying highly-adherent aluminum coatings onto metals is recognized as a replacement for cadmium...