VIDEO: Finishing News for Week of Oct. 16
Products Finishing offers a peek at Pries Enterprises new anodizing line, and news on Sifco ASC, Hubbard-Hall, Process Technology, Col-Met and Tr-Mer.
Here is your top news from the finishing world for the week of October 16:
- Pries Enterprises in Independence, Iowa has opened a new 36-foot wide anodizing line. After a year of construction on a new 50,000-square-foot expansion, Pries Enterprises opened its new anodizing line for aluminum extrusions, anodizing and fabrication. The anodizing line is fully automated and boasts 36-foot tanks. Pries will offer 34-foot length capabilities, conventional sulfuric Type II anodize coatings, acid and conventional caustic etches, clear and architectural bronze coatings up to Class I, bronze colors ranging from champagne to black, and AAMA 611-compliant Class I and Class II coatings.
- Sifco ASC welcomes new ownership as Quaker Houghton has acquired the operating divisions of Norman Hay. Brands acquired include Sifco ASC, a provider of surface treatment solutions through selective electroplating, anodizing, chemical solutions and engineering solutions; and Surface Technology, a specialty provider of surface treatment solutions, including coatings, thermal sprays, plating and other ancillary services.
- Hubbard-Hall was awarded a Top Workplaces 2019 honor by Hearst Connecticut Media Group. The list is based on employee feedback gathered through a third-party survey and measures several aspects of workplace culture, including alignment, execution, and connection, just to name a few. More than 6,500 companies can participate for this honor with only 45 companies being selected for the Top Workplaces award.
- Process Technology garden was designated as Monarch Waystation Habitat. Designing the surrounding landscape was an important factor during the construction of the new Process Technology corporate headquarters and product development facility in Willoughby, Ohio. Monarch Waystation gardens are required to be at least 100 square feet, contain milkweed and nectar plants, provide adequate shelter, and follow specific habitat management guidelines
- In our On The Move segment, Coventya as announced new staff members. Randie Cistone joins as human resources manager, while Carrie Cotter takes over as customer service manager.
- Our Tech Tip of the week is how to know when to change spray booth filters. When it comes to determining when to change your spray booth filters, Trey Peavy from Col-Met Engineered Finishing Solutions says to first differentiate between intake filters and exhaust filters. Peavy says the primary function of these filters is to capture overspray from the booth working environment and prevent harmful and hazardous particulates from being exhausted into the atmosphere by the booth exhaust fans.
- The Innovation of the week is Tri-Mer tanks that are resistant to acids, alkalis. The company fabricates process tanks of polypropylene, PE, PVC, CPVC, mild steel and stainless steel. It specializes in 100% co-polymer and homopolymer polypropylene, which they say are rugged, long-life materials that won't delaminate or embrittle, even with exposure to aggressive chemicals, over long periods of time.
You can read all these stories at PFonline.com. You can also sign up for our weekly newsletter that will bring all of the latest finishing news and information to your inbox each week. I’m Tim Pennington with Products Finishing magazine, and thanks for watching.