Asterion's Technibrite SN 200 Enables Tin Plating with Only Two Chemical Processes
The system is suited to both barrel and rack applications to impart lustrous, bright tin deposits.
The Technibrite SN 200 tin plating system has been introduced by Asterion LLC, delivering exceptional solderability. As such, the system is ideally suited to both barrel and rack applications to impart lustrous, bright tin deposits. Unlike conventional acid tin processes, Technibrite SN 200 requires only two proprietary chemical processes. Easy to use and analyze, the system includes the following components:
- Technibrite SN 200 Make Up provides the proper concentration of wetter, coupler, ductilizers and low-current density brightener.
- Stannous Tin (used in make-up) provides the desired metal concentration.
- Technibrite SN 200 Maintenance is the brightener component that can be added on an ampere-hour basis.
- High-purity tin anodes maintain the concentration of tin in the plating bath.
- Sulfuric acid provides conductivity and allows the tin anodes to dissolve.
Masking is employed in most any metal finishing operation where only a specifically defined area of the surface of a part must be exposed to a process. Conversely, masking may be employed on a surface where treatment is either not required or must be avoided. This article covers the many aspects of masking for metal finishing, including applications, methods and the various types of masking employed.
Types of anodizing, processes, equipment selection and tank construction.
An overview of precious metal electroplating processes.