About National Surface Finishing Day
Each year, Products Finishing partners with thousands of finishing operations in the U.S. to celebrate National Surface Finishing Day (NSFD) on the first Wednesday in March. NSFD is designed to celebrate and showcase the industry to trade schools, businesses, officials and media, as well as to celebrate employees and staff.
The overarching goal of NSFD is to bring further awareness to the important roles plating and coating facilities play in their communities. Facilities are encouraged to host events and work with local media to build awareness about the contributions made by the surface finishing industry.
How can you celebrate?
- Share your company’s story
- Hold an open house where the public can check out your facility –— either in person or virtual
- Offer student shop tours to local trade schools
- Invite local elected officials to visit and get to know your staff
- Celebrate your employees
- Share news about what you’re doing on social media and use the hashtag #NationalSurfaceFinishingDay