Valence Gains C-130 Hercules Approvals
The aerospace finishing company’s Wichita location recently received a range of processing approvals to support the Lockheed Martin C-130 Hercules.
Valence Surface Technologies’ Wichita location recently received a wide range of processing approvals to support the Lockheed Martin C-130 Hercules and all of its variants. Valence Wichita’s first Lockheed Martin approvals enhance Valence’s ability to support the Central US C-130 supply chain.
Obtaining these new approvals also furthers Valence’s strategy to provide regional redundancy and supply chain risk mitigation across both their Wichita, Kan., and Grove, Okla. facilities. Valence can now support all Central US C-130 suppliers at either location.
In addition to these C-130 approvals, Valence Wichita is also working to expand its Lockheed Martin approvals for the F-35 and F-16 fighter jet programs, further expanding Valence’s ability to support Lockheed Martin programs in the Central Region.
The new approvals include:
- MIL-STD-6866/ASTM-E-1417 Penetrant Inspection
- STP53-201/LCP72-1068 Penetrant Inspection
- Hardness/Conductivity Inspec. Wrought Alum Alloy
- ASTM E 18 Hardness Testing Rockwell Method
- ASTM E 1004 Conductivity of Aluminum
- MIL-A-8625, Type 1 and Type 1B Chromic Acid Anodize
- MIL-A-8625 Type II Sulfuric Acid Anodize
- MIL-A-8625, Type III Hard Anodize
- STP 58-209 Chromic Acid Anodize
- STP 58-208 Sulfuric Acid Anodize
- STP 58-206 Hard Anodize
- AMS-C-5541/MIL-DTL-5541, Type I, Class 1A and Class 3 Chem Film
- STP 58-405 Chem Film
- MIL-C-27725/AMS-C-27725 Fuel Tank Coating
- STP 59-505 Fuel Tank Coating
- G604 Application of Finish for C130 Hardware MIL-L-46010 / MIL-PRF-46010 Solid Film Lubricant STP 62-005 Solid Film Lubricant
- AMS 2430 Shot Peening
- STP51-501 Shot Peening
- STP57-301 Aluminum Alloys-Alkaline/Acid Metal Removal Methods
- STP57-401 Titanium Alloys-Alkaline/Acid Metal Removal Methods
Valence Wichita (Chrome Plus International, LLC) providess services for aluminum, steel, titanium, and chrome materials. In addition to metal finishing services, Valence also offers supply chain management, chrome coating deposition, differential deposition, mismatched or worn surface repair, CNC cylindrical grinding, centerless grinding infeed, and thru feed and vertical horizontal honing.
As Boeing and Airbus demand more finishing capacity, the challenges faced by owners of finishing businesses are pressing, as both customers and regulatory agencies amp up demands for management attention and resources.
Black anodize finishes have long been favored for their thick, hard coating properties. It is also these very same characteristics that often make the anodizing unusable for many military and aerospace applications.
The Nadcap program is recognized as the premier accreditation program for aerospace and defense contractor supplier accreditation. With this accreditation, an anodizer can effectively access the supplier world of the aerospace and defense industries. We’ll lay out a road map for accreditation that is logical and achievable for someone committed to the excellence required to get to the end goal.