- What are the most energy-intensive areas one can intervene in a standard coating process?
Ask an Expert Published: 2/27/2014
Corroded Roof Problem
- Can anything be applied to a metal deck ceiling to prevent corrosion from plating?
Ask an Expert Published: 1/31/2014
Should I Stir or Should I Pour Now?
- Should tints be mixed into paint cans?
Ask an Expert Published: 1/29/2014
Aluminum Contaminant Issues
- Metallic automotive basecoat maker looks for answers related to contamination.
Ask an Expert Published: 1/24/2014
More Paint Attacks on ABS
- Which paint and process is suitable for painting ABS?
Ask an Expert Published: 1/7/2014
Updated Paint Texture Inspecting
- Here's some additional information for “Inspecting Paint Texture” in the November issue that includes some new technology that can quantify the orange-peel effect.
Ask an Expert Published: 1/2/2014
Craters in the Paint Film
- We have to scrap more parts than we want because of craters in paint film. We think this is caused by oil coming from micro pores in the sheet metal.
Ask an Expert Published: 12/26/2013
Non-chrome Aircraft Paints
- Can you provide a list of non-chrome paints that have been approved for use by companies in the aircraft industry?
Ask an Expert Published: 11/29/2013
Controlling Paint Film Thickness
- How can I achieve a paint film that is less than 1 mil (0.001”) thick?
Ask an Expert Published: 11/26/2013
- Is there a better way to document color matches than with a 60-degree spectrophotometer?
Ask an Expert Published: 11/22/2013