Cloudy Look in Clear-coat
- We apply a clear coat powder material over a steel substrate. The clear is kind of milky and clouds the look from the steel. What can cause this problem?
Ask an Expert Published: 11/1/2014
Powder on Plastic Parts
- We have heard that some companies are applying powder coating to plastic parts. Is this true?
Ask an Expert Published: 9/1/2014
- How can I shorten the pretreatment time for my batch powder painting operation?
Ask an Expert Published: 6/4/2014
Pinholes in Bend Area
- How can we prevent pinholes from forming in the bend area of a part after the powder coating has cured?
Ask an Expert Published: 5/30/2014
Powder Over Galvanized Steel
- Is a "duplex" system of powder over hot dip galvanized steel common?
Ask an Expert Published: 5/23/2014
Salt Spray Testing vs. Field Performance
- How we can ensure corrosion resistance on steel cabinets used outdoors?
Ask an Expert Published: 5/7/2014
Powder on Wood
- This reader needs advice about powder coating wood kitchen cabinets.
Ask an Expert Published: 5/5/2014
How to Determine if Coating is Powder or Liquid
- How can I tell if a metal part is powder coated or liquid painted?
Ask an Expert Published: 4/29/2014
Coating Failure in Marine Environment
- Why is the powder coating beginning to fail on parts exposed to a marine environment?
Ask an Expert Published: 4/7/2014
Pinholes in Coating
- How can we prevent pinhole formation in bend areas of parts made from hot-rolled, pickled and oiled (HRPO) steel?
Ask an Expert Published: 3/31/2014