The Eastern Advanced Manufacturing Alliance (EAMA) is engaging students and promoting manufacturing with a twist. The non-profit organization includes a network of manufacturing companies from Connecticut to Massachusetts joining local schools and manufacturers to evolve tomorrow’s workforce.Read More
23. March 2017
23. March 2017
Linetec in Wausau, Wisconsin continues to expand capacity and add new jobs to support the market’s increased demand for high-quality finishes and high-performance architectural metal products. Part of the latest job growth is a $3 million investment to double the capacity of the thermal services department.
The company offers both thermal insulating strut and poured-and-debridged services, including for 90-degree and for radius and curved, finished aluminum extrusions.
Posted by: Tim Pennington 21. March 2017
Posted by: Lilli Manolis Sherman 21. March 2017
The coating of interior automotive plastic components to improve appearance, physical properties and to impart the unique soft feel also referred to as haptic feel, has been taking place for some time. However, a key challenge in developing haptic coatings has been the subjective nature of judging the feel of haptic ranges referred to as rubbery, velvety and silky. Coating formulators have been seeking a balance between the desired softness and the resin properties needed to protect the plastic substrate and also meet interior designers’ requirements.
Scientists at Covestro LLC have aimed to remedy the challenge of being able to effectively balance the haptic properties polyurethane (PUR) coatings with their other performance properties—most notably, chemical resistance. This, through the development of objective test methodology, HapticMapping which rates the coated substrates by feel and numerical quantification.Read More
- Manufacturers Engage Students One Video at a Time
- Submit Abstracts for Fabtech Conference in Chicago
- Linetec’s Expansions Adds 70 Jobs, Doubles Machine Capacity
- Sherwin-Williams CARC Powder Topcoats Earn Approval from U.S. Army Research Lab
- Rubbery, Velvety, Silky: Haptic Properties of Coated Automotive Plastic Parts
- NASF Palmetto Southeast Chapter Helps 'Stick it to Cancer'
- Different Course, Same Strokes for Asterion's Vandivier
- Chemetall Receives Highest Airbus Award for Third Time
- PPG Confirms Proposal for AkzoNobel
- Anoplate Welcomes STEM Students for Plant Tour