Online Plating Essentials Course Deadline Approaches
The National Association for Surface Finishing (NASF) and the AESF Foundation are offering a web-based plating essentials course. The training program benefits individuals who have little to no experience or training in the art and science of electroplating. The course is perfect for new hires on the plating line, inexperienced supervisors, sales personnel, and managers who want a non-technical/low technical primer in the subject.
The Plating Essentials course will provide an overview of critical finishing subjects which will be covered more in-depth during the CEF course. The training is meant to lay the foundation for anyone who is new to the finishing industry, has not honed their skills on the technical aspects of the work, or simply needs a refresher in order to prepare for taking the CEF course and sit for the optional exam. At the conclusion of this course, attendees can expect to:
- Understand the finishes commonly applied by the electroplating process and the basic differences in performance among the various coatings.
- Have a basic level of understanding of math, electricity, chemistry and electrochemistry as it relates to the electroplating process.
- Be able to identify and describe the main components in an electroplating process.
- Know the various types of parts and problems that each can pose when processed by electroplating.
- Have comfort with terminology, knowledge of coating differences, and process equipment used in electroplating operations.
The registration deadline is August 25.
For more information or to register visit nasf.org/education/course-calendar/plating-essentials