Q: Can you give me some general guidelines for reducing porosity in our plated deposits? A. S.
A: Here are some general guidelines for reducing porosity. Keep in mind that not all of these suggestions will work for all types of plating baths.
- The surface should be properly cleaned.
- The surface should be smooth and not have any pits or pores and it.
- The plating baths should be well filtered so that particulate matter is kept to a minimum.
- The bath should be agitated to minimize excess current and burning in the high-current-density areas.
- A wetting agent should be used to minimize gas bubbles adhering to the surface of the parts.
Our expert, Art Kushner, says yes, you can color stainless steel, but it is not a process that is typically performed in a plating shop. Read more about his answer.
Why is it important for you to know this?
White Bronze, Copper-Tin-Zinc Tri-metal: Expanding Applications and New Developments in a Changing Landscape
This paper deals with the renewed interest in applications for white bronze tri-metal (Cu-Sn-Zn alloy).