NASF Announces New Show Dates for SUR/FIN 2021
The National Association for Surface Finishing is moving its annual SUR/FIN event and Manufacturing & Technology Conference from this summer to November 2-4, 2021. The tradeshow and conference, originally scheduled for July, will remain in Detroit, Michigan at the TCF Center.
“While moving the event from its scheduled date in July to November was not a decision that the association took lightly, we believe that moving the event to the third quarter of 2021 will show a trend towards a more normalized environment and lead to a very successful SUR/FIN 2021,” said Steve Smith, Chairman of the NASF SUR/FIN Steering Committee.
The NASF SUR/FIN Steering Committee’s goal is to provide the finishing community and the broader market with a live surface finishing show in a comfortable and safe environment. The committee says it also wants to ensure there is sufficient time to plan the best event and experience possible for exhibitors, speakers and attendees.
This year’s event will be an excellent opportunity for the industry to come back together after its hiatus last year, and the association is eager to work with our SUR/FIN exhibitors, customers, members and colleagues in the broader surface technology value chain to put on a successful show.
Benefits of moving the show to November include:
- Significant Medical Breakthroughs. On the heels of several major announcements regarding vaccinations and therapeutics, the outlook is bright for live events in the third quarter of the year.
- Confidence in the Ability to Hold the Event. The state of Michigan restrictions on large gatherings are expected to be lifted in the second quarter.
- Easement of Travel Restrictions. Many corporations are still under significant travel restrictions, several of which are expected to be lifted in the second half of 2021.
- Gives Attendees Time to Plan. By making the announcement of the date change now, attendees will be able to save the very important new dates on their calendars.
- Gives Venue and Event Industry Suppliers Recovery Time. The event industry has been devastated by this pandemic, and the date change gives the industry and the convention center a chance to implement best practices in our “new normal.”
For more information about SUR/FIN 2021 in November or to reserve exhibit space please visit nasfsurfin.com.
This article is courtesy of the National Association for Surface Finishing (NASF). For more information or to become a member, visit nasf.org.